I saw these over on The Vintage Sheet blog.
She offered some tips on how she did her based on another blog.
I changed some things up as well, as we all do to make a project a touch of our own.
these are for my sweet nephew, Kentlee
his birthday is the 11th and he'll be 2
they are very easy to make
it probably took me longer to make the letters in WORD
and get them the font I wanted and the size I wanted,
than to cut out the fabric and trace each letter.
I saved it, cause i'll be making more of these.
I did add a small neodymium magnet (very nice magnet's in a small size)
in mine, she made hers without magnets.
I don't have any pinking shears.
I used a pinking rotary blade, which to me, was a pain.
I've just ordered a pair of pinking shears.
That should make it easier to get into those small spaces and around
each letter better.
She mentioned using a darker colored thread so it would show up.
I did leave white on the back, so that as he gets older or maybe now
(he'll be 2) he'll recognize the dark size as being the right side.
I think next time I'd choose a small print fabric, this was Elmo
but hardly anywhere can you point out Elmo. lol