Wednesday, September 2, 2009

T-Shirt turned "boy" Handbag.

I know that title is just all wrong. However, my boy still carries little bags with his favorite toys in it. My mom is not the crafter at all, but she finds things she likes in books and brings it to me saying "I'd bet you could do/make this" Well, this was one of those projects. I tired to find one of his "good unstained" shirts that was to little. I thought this cute numbered Gap shirt would be perfect and he'll love carrying this to church.
You cut off the bottom hem, then sew the bottom shut. I did this inside out, of course. They actually said to use fabric glue. Well, I know E and that wouldn't last a day with him. Then I cut of the sleeves and stitched around them zig zag, kinda like a serger would do. This is where a serger would come in handy. I think a regular shirt with regular sleeves would work much better. As you can see these sleeves are different, although, still cute. I hope he likes it. He can carry MANY, MANY cars in this Gap bag.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. He is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea and perfect for a little guy to carry lots of stuff inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice bet it will become a favourite & lots of toys inside
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea...thanks for sharing...and thanks to your mom, too, since she found this project for you to make (and then show us)!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!