Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Frame in a Frame in a Frame

What a perfect name for this small quilt.  This was a charm pack I ordered from Connecting Threads.  I really like Connecting Threads and have ordered a few other items from them.  Prices are great.  The centers of this don't exactly match up, and I LOVE that about it.  I was worried when one side didn't match up, and then the other....WOOHOO.  I knew it would be fine.  Not sure what I'll do with this yet.

Oh yeah, I have a confession to make.  Get the binding police ready, because I know they'll have a field day with this one.  I am not good at hand stitching the binding to the backs of quilts.  So, I was thinking and wondering how to make this easier on me.  I still blind sew it to the front, and then fold it over as if your going to hand stitch the back, and then I stitch something fancy down the front and it just happens to catch the back binding also.  Hmmmmm, how about that?  I like it alot more, and I don't think it takes too much away from the quilt itself.  I'm not entering contests anyway, so maybe the quilt police will leave me alone.  haha

5 comments:

  1. I am in accord with your policy....if I'm not planning to have a quilt entered in a show for judging, why not do it in the way that is easiest and most fun for ME? Too bad if the Quilt Police don't like it!!! LOL Your little quilt is adorable, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always machine sew my bindings..I sure wouldnt give it another thought! Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently sewed the binding onto the back, folded it to the front and used a fancy stitch on the front to sew it down. I was amazed at how nice it looked on both the front and the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My goodness what a cute page. Thanks for stopping by min and good luck on the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the frame within a frame block! Cute!

    No binding police that I can see! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!