Thursday, June 25, 2009

Celebrate America Door Hanger

Well, I made it a door hanger. I guess it could hang anywhere. This is another wonderful Green Fairy Quilts Design. I love her designs. The turtle quilt I'm working on is also one of her designs. This was my first attempt at applique. I actually liked it. It was alot of work. However, I'm sure like all things, with practice I would get faster. So, here ya go. Enjoy! Since I have a glass door as well, I hung this on my front door. And the front of my house is always shady (cause of the mountain) therefore the sun won't fade it. It's just in time for July 4th.

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty door hanger. Although I've done some applique, it's not my favorite way to quilt. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will look so nice on that glass door. It's a nice way to show your patriotism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! 4th of July is my favorite holiday!! I haven't tried applique yet. I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice... and very patriotic! I like applique, too, but I agree that it's very time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you doing hand or machine applique? Your door hanging is great. I would love to have a door hanging but my door faces south and gets sun all winter and spring. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Tonya! I love applique too!I am sure that it looks wonderful on your door.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice you done a great job
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!