Saturday, May 2, 2009

Practice Free Motion

So, I found a great piece of fabic from my stash to practice free motion on.  It has lots of letters and balls.  My goal was to not sew over any letters or balls.  haha.........everytime I hit one "oops".  The hubs would say "r u ok"?  haha..........."I'm good"!!  Then another "oops".  He finally stopped asking.  See pic, I didn't do too terribly bad.  

I really think quilting it made the balls look 3-d.  I think I'm alone in thinking this.  The hubs didn't think so.

4 comments:

  1. The balls DO look 3-D....good job! I know a quilt class instructor once advised to use a VERY busy print on the back of quilts as then if the stitches on the back aren't too great, it won't be as noticeable. This was a good practice piece and I like how it turned out. I admire you for sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back will be the same as the front. I knew I couldn't quilt both, because it really wouldn't line up. But yeah, that's a good idea. use "busy" fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I'm new to FMQ too and I find it difficult to keep the rounded part to the quilting. I get sharp points.

    I second the busy fabric. Get a thread that blends in too!

    We're going to get it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks pretty good. I see an oops or two, but that is part of the handmade appeal.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!