Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Quilt Labels

I've always struggled with what to use as quilt labels, how to stitch them one, and if I should hand sew or machine sew.  I've found an easy solution to that.  IRON on labels.  How cool is this?  I wished the picture below was better, it makes it look faded and it's really not.  You can write in the information with a permanent marker.  You can also color the label.  I'm not sure if I'll be coloring them or not.  Might have to try one out. 
The Book the labels came from.


 

5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful and a really great solution if you're not a label maker, which I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have this book and a few others plus at quilt stores you can also buy quilt label 'panels'. Some designers will make them I have a couple by Thimbleberrys.
    Have I told you that lil fella of yours is a cutie...well he is!!!
    Love seeing his sweet lil smiling face when I click on your link in my blog roll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know some gals who have the labels on before their quilts are quilted (rather than putting then on at the end) and that makes them truly permanent....so they can't be taken off and many years from now, people will still know who made that item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, aren't they cool. I used to make mine on the computer and run them through the printer (fabric ironed to freezer paper). But now the printer won't let me do that. This is a great idea.

    I forgot to make a label for my Spring Spell quilt. I'll have to go back and do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the book? What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!