Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm still sewing, studying, and sleeping.

Yep, that's about all I'm getting done these days. I'll be honest and say, if I knew this class would have been this hard, I would have passed it up. Every since I've started I've been "some kind" of sick. First pneumonia, then the flu and yep you guessed it, I now have strep. I'm so drained. I'm so tired. I have many health issues and all this sickness really makes it worse. Anyway, I'll stop complaining and whining long enough to show you what I have been working on.
I think it was Gene who did this not to long ago. A strip quilt. I recently donated all my scraps for a very good cause. However, I did keep any strips I had. But, I'm quickly running out of those. This quilt may be a LONGGGGGG time in the making as I'll have to wait till I have more scrap strips. I should have used four different corners in this block, but I used two as you can see. It still looks good (to me).

Whatcha think? Don't you love my slang? :)

14 comments:

  1. I've missed you and hoped that your absence wasn't due to illness. Hope you're on the mend now. I love your block, and also plan to make something similar someday. Take care and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you want slang!!!

    Watcha me old cock sparrer, ow you diddling? Take a butchers at your block then, what a humdinger you knocked up cocker.
    I reckon its a knockout block, good on yer.

    hee hee lol Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Translation....

    Hello my friend, how are you? Would you look at the beautiful block, what a super one you have made. I think it is a wonderful block. Well done.
    lol Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL on the slang from Jan!

    I hope your feeling better soon!
    Pretty block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your quilt block and even if the quilt takes a while, it will look good when it's done.

    Once you finish this class, you will be so glad you made it through and that it's over. When does it end? December?
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  6. You betcha I love the slang.. Too fun, but I'm so sorry youve been having more than your fair share of health issues.

    Get to feelin' better, ya hear!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you now have strep. Look at it this way, by Christmas, you will have all your sickness for this year out of the way! I love your string block....NO rules for that one.....whatever you like is how you should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have been really sick! Take care of yourself.

    Scraps build up faster than you think. I think your supply will be replenished soon. Love your block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will tell you a secret. You can cut strips to use for perfectly good yardage instead of waiting for scraps. (Also, I realized after a bit that using BIGGER pieces in the corners makes it work out better. )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your square, sorry you are sick...and who can I donate my scraps to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you will soon feel better nice square
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering what was going on with you. Take it easy this weekend. Pace yourself, it is a marathon not a sprint! I love the string quilt. I made one last year for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it. It's one of my favorite quilts to do. Hope you're feeling better soon...you've been missed.

    Through it all, just some time to rest okay. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is no fun to be sick. Hope your doing better?! Had pneumonia my self 2 weeks before school started. I also managed to have swine flu at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!