Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm intimidated!

Of what you ask? PATTERNS..........I suck at following a pattern. However, I did successfully follow one here. Well, I faced my fears and have since order a few kits with patterns. The first one I'm going to tackle is from Green Fairy Quilts. And, yes it's turtles. My favorite all time animal, thing, object and all of the above.
A Picture of the quilt. Looks lovely and simple, right?

The instructions and pattern. EEEEKKKKKKK.....not so lovely anymore.

The beautiful fabrics that came with this pattern making it a kit.

OK, now I'm off to get this started! I will post the finished product, no matter how bad or how terrible I screw it up. Please wish me well! haha

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the pattern.It looks so cute,a nd it will turn out lovely, I am sure.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute! At least the instructions are in color and resemble the fabric somewhat. Can't wait to see how it comes out. I love the colors. Good Luck! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the whole thing first then go back and DO one step at a time...and I'm sure you can get it. Don't think too far ahead (like what step comes next) as sometimes that can mess you up a bit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice from Pat. Never try to hurry it. Enjoy each step.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU CAN DO IT! I love the colours in that turtle quilt. They are so bright and happy! Turtles are cute cute cute.

    If you're no good at following patterns, you must be a very creative person ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will do very well . Looking forward to seeing your turtles .

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've seen your work, we know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got that pattern too.....haven't started it yet and will come here to get the instructions....that is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is going to be great!!!! love the fabrics you picked too.....

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!