Saturday, January 17, 2009

Awesome Ebay Deal.....

WOW, what a load of thread!!!!  I got all this with shipping for under $10.00  Tons of thread, 2 zippers (Lord only knows what I'll do with zippers, ewwww) and some elastic (I could use that and add some to some of my current pants, lol)  all packed in a nice OLD tin.  This tin, and some of the thread I would bet is older than me. ;)  However, most of the thread is brand new.  Huge fat rolls, small skinny rolls.  I love thread.  That's why I wanted to share it all with you.

4 comments:

  1. Seems like a great buy. I may be wrong, but I think I had a quilt teacher tell me that if I'm using thread that is very old, not to use it in quilted things that will be washed a lot because the thread may break during repeated washings. So...you might want to be careful about using any that seems extremely old. Nice, though, to have a good selection of thread for handwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a bunch of tread!!! Good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thread too. I especially love old wooden spools of thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment! I get very excited when someone leaves me a comment. (I should probably try and get out a bit more!) I love all those threads. Doesn't it just make your mouth water? They look so delicious. (Told ya I need to get out more!) I havent really made a proper quilt before but want to give one a go. So I will pop by and see what you are up to. Cheers, Liz :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!