Thursday, January 8, 2009

EL (East Lincoln) Wall Hanging

Another UFO finished...........WOOHOO!!  I've had this quilt top done for about a year.  I couldn't find anything I really liked for the back of the quilt.  Finally during Christmas break I found a felt backing in the lightest green shade of this quilt.

I made this from fat quarters my MIL picked up for me at Joann's.  Last week when I was there, I got the orange and green binding.
The green looks much better in person than it does in this pic.  The color looks way off in this picture.  It looks great. 
 
One thing I enjoy about quilting is naming the quilt.  This one was a no brainer.  My high school colors were orange and green.  Thus "EL (East Lincoln)".  

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors!The felt backing will make this quilt soft and snuggly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how cheery this quilt looks. I can NEVER think of good names for quilts. I need to work harder on doing that!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!