Sunday, January 25, 2009

Even "newer" best friend.


I blogged about this earlier (Dec 08).  It's a new tool, well new to me.  It's called a Hera Marker made by Clover.  I had been using something different but worked in the same way.  This Hera Marker is for marking lines in your fabric to quilt against.  You'll have to click on the picture to really see the lines it makes.  I just love this tool.  I've had this one for awhile, but just today needed to actually use it for it's purpose.

Check out the fabric I'm working with right now.  This is a fat quarter, and I didn't even realize I had anything with this type of design on it.  One of my husband's best friends loves the asian girls.  I'm going to just quilt this in a diamond pattern then put binding on that burgandy color you see on the fabric.  I think he'll enjoy it.  He can hang it, or throw it over the back of a chair, or use it as a table topper.  It will be interesting to see what he does with it.  I'll get back to you all and let you know.

FYI:  My local Joann's store does not carry this is the store.  I ordered it online.  ;)



4 comments:

  1. Weird...I click on the picture and it won't show big for me....just comes up with a blank screen. I tried it 3 times. I have seen these tools before but was wanting to see the lines you made with it for quilting. Sounds like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY...got the photo to enlarge now and those lines are really EASY to see....seems like this tool works great and no worries about using a marker and hoping it washes out of the fabric. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The lines look easy to see and no worrying about whether or not it will wash out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. I have never seen one of those but I'm going to check my local quilt store for one.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!