Sunday, May 24, 2009

Colorful Dots Purse

Ok, so first let me say.........mine don't look near as good as Gene's.   I got this from his post yesterday morning (Saturday) (I'm posting this ahead of time and just took a migraine pill and there's no telling what this post will say).  So, anyway....Gene got the pattern from another gal.  He has a link on his site to hers, and since I linked to his I'm not going to link to hers.  

I have a horrible problem following patterns.  I don't know why, I just do.  I've tried and tried and can't follow them at all.  So, once I got very confused, I finished it as I thought it would look best without messing it up.  There was an extra strip that should have went where I have the purple binding, but I just couldn't make it happen.  So..........I think it's cute and adorable.  I'll save it for a Christmas present or for the next birthday party E gets invited to. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, your purse is totally cool. That curved piece across the top is tricky to sew. But I learned a little about sewing a curved piece from Ricky Tims' Caveman Quilting video. Mine had a couple of places I ended up trimming. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this purse, Tonya....you did a very good job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purse...it is so colourful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!