Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thrift Store Finds

Bad lighting, but check out this funny pic. My machine has a boo boo. I noticed my sewing was getting tighter and tighter, and the wheel as well. Well, like I thought, it finally stopped sewing. However, before it stopped I oiled all necessary "spots". Well, then it stopped. OH NO, what now? I was crushed. The needle part is wrapped because it was oily from draining from the top. Anywho.......the hubs took it apart completely. And it didn't have dust bunnies, it had dust COWS. haha......this was dust that we could have never gotten out if he didn't take it apart. So, he cleaned it very well and oiled it very well. Alot of babying and sweet talking on my part to "oh brother" and it was running like new. WOOHOO.....all is better now.
Here are my finds from the thrift store today. This king sized flat sheet for $2.00. Will make a great quilt back.
And 7 lovely Crate & Barrel napkins for .25 a piece. Now, I have no idea what I'll do with these. Any ideas??

Thanks so much to all my Bingo players. I can't wait to see who wins. And for those of you still hanging with my blog and not playing Bingo. I've tried to keep it interesting. I know some days it's just Bingo. I'm feeling much better from the pneumonia, but can feel bad if I do too much in a day. Trust me, I'm not breaking that rule to often. haha

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad your machine is working again. What did the doctor say about your pneumonia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great husband. And believe me I know about those dust 'cows'. I have been moving stuff out of my bedroom to paint and my momma has to be rolling in her grave. At least I don't have a sewing machine. lol

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that your hubby was able to dismantle your machine and get it all cleaned out. That would have been a shame to have it sew like that all the time. ;)

    Hope the doctor gave you some good news today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could make pillows from the napkins. They'd make very nice pillows!

    Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. It's so miserable being sick. Especially when you've got things to do! Like sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It good that your DH can take the machine apart & do it the cost of service now days is high, well done on your finds, no you should not over do it so even if it is only bingo so what your health is more important you take care of yourself
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see the build up in the picture. That is one issue with a Brother, the left "end" doesn't swing open like some other brands. With the swing open kind you can clean that out a lot easier. I use my tube turner (has a hook on the end) to reach in and gently pull that stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so smart! My cousin always goes to the thrift store and finds the greatest things. I am glad your machine is working again. what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your machine is now working. Glad too you're feeling better. I'd use the napkins at meal time if it was me. They are so pretty. Great find on the sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that your machine is better!! It is so scary when they act up! Good finds at the thrift store! The napkins might make a cute tote/bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes.. a little oiling and a little cleaning does wonders. :-)
    And I agree.. a tote bag out of those napkins.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! NO anonymous comments!!